- Award winning playwright
- Produced screenwriter
- Screenwriting instructor
- Professional coverage for screenwriters
- Did coverage for CBS in New York City for over a year
- Has been on screenwriting panels at film festivals
- Screenwriting seminars at the It Factor Studios
- Guest playwright at the William Inge Theatre Festival
“I read a script by Richard Broadhurst in 2007 and he’s been a client ever since, but he’s also been my inspiration to hunt for great stories. First, he writes lines and action actors and directors want. Second, he ‘gets’ pace--he can coach, guide, and direct writers to help get them where they want the script to be. Third, he can also help writers find the story within the story and teach te writer the ‘skill’ of mining for the surprise. Once Richard’s coverage or instruction is applied, the script becomes an instrument that the writer can be proud to shop.” Comment from Babz Bitela of Simplyscripts.com.
“Richard is not just a gifted screenwriter and playwright, he’s also a wonderful instructor who I’ve had the pleasure of knowing and working with. I’ve seen some of the coverage Richard has done and he is the consummate professional. I would recommend him to any screenwriter or producer who wants an honest evaluation of material.” Lew Hunter, Head of the screenwriting dept. at UCLA. Also the author of Lew Hunter’s Screenwriting 434, recognized as the premier book on screenwriting.
“As a mother and daughter writing team, we were referred to Richard Broadhurst for coverage of our latest screenplay. We were quite impressed with his in-depth and prompt response. His supportive critique opened our eyes and gave us clear vision to take our screenplay to the next level. We are thankful for Richard’s presence in our lives and will definitely utilize his services in the future.” Suzanne Gill and Ann Isherwood. www.screenfems.com
- For coverage and a critique of a screenplay Richard’s fee is $250. (The coverage and critique is usually 7 to 10 pages.)
- Richard is also so available for on-line coaching. The fee will be based on the number of sessions requested.
Contact Richard by e-mail or by telephone at (916) 599-3486.